Mornings

3.7.13

I think I was a strange kid, I loved getting up before dawn and running straight down stairs to sit infront of the TV and watch the Snorks, the Smurfs or Top Cat (I'm 25, those days of decent kids TV replays were awesome.) Actually, I think I was a morning person up until a few years ago, where, whether due to bitterness as I get older or the realisation that, unless I have to, can sleep a little longer and work a little later, so I set out this year with the intention of training myself to be up with the birds and out before rush hour. I can count on one hand how many times I've succeeded with that...

However, I managed to fight the '...What are you doing? It's warm and cosy here, there's no need to get up yet, just stay right where you are...' (that's my bed talking there...) yesterday morning, grabbed my camera and managed to shoot these guys before the haze went west. I guess mornings have their benefits, aside from breakfast. I'll give you that.





Remnants of the gum tree we used for an outdoor fire the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment