A Bit of History

10.7.13

This one is for the historians! Or more, the pictures are, I myself can't admit to being too clued up on the topic as, a) I'm a British kid - Aussie history doesn't really play an essential part in 'Key Stage 3' learning (soz guys) despite it being, I imagine, more beneficial than, Q: 'What type of weapon was used to fight the Normans?' A: '...something sharp and made of wood?' or, b)...well, I don't have a 'b' but if I did it would make or break this argument I appear to be having with myself as to why I lack the historical know about a small town in Australia.

Back in February, I set out to find my fortune and arrived a few hours later at Sovereign Hill in Ballarat, a heavy-weight in the 'Gold Rush' fever that started in 1851, so much so an open-air museum was built in the 1970s to preserve the gold mining heritage. Sadly, despite my hardest efforts, I think I missed the ship on this occasion, I'd say by a good 150 years. (I clearly paid more attention in maths, that number was off the top of my head.) 









No comments:

Post a Comment