Lately

9.7.13

Here in the shire of Moira, we're in the midst of a chilly spell, or 'Winter' as it's known. According to my reliable source, (Facebook) oddly coinciding with the sudden warm front to hit the shores of the sunny UK! ...'sunny' and 'UK' in the same sentence, the cold must be getting to me.

Moving on, said chilly spell means I waste a lot more energy attempting to stay right where I am, essentially trying to stop time with my mind, moving as little as possible to turn the heater on from the confines of my cosy nest without letting any warmth escape, failing and ending up grumpy. Aussie Winter mornings and I appear to make a bad match. Having said that, once I'm over the initial diva fit and have ventured outside - by this stage it makes no difference whether I'm inside or out, the temperature is the same - I forget all about my fight against reality and am struck at how beautiful everything looks when you can hardly see a thing... I'll show you what I mean.









No comments:

Post a Comment