Mona

19.7.13

This place was mind blowing, literally. I'd been told by many, having said I was heading to Tasmania, to check out Mona - Museum of Old and New Art. It's hard to describe the initial experience - I had no idea what I was walking myself into. Giant Mickey Mouse hands scattered all over the shop, a path leading to a large mirrored box with security manning the entrance, wooden teepees... you start to question reality.

So, after a friendly nod from said security encouraging me onward through the glass doors, directed by museum staff to the ticket desk and supplied with an iPod touch as my tour guide, I was ready for what lay under the two flights of spiral staircase and further below ground level, not to resurface for sunlight until a good couple of hours later - my brain was saturated and a tad confused by the work on show. It is a long time to be underground, but if you do anything in Tasmania, Mona is a must.
 










No comments:

Post a Comment